Tuesday, March 3, 2009

...in a place where everything flows...and it's raining out too!


It's drab and gray out my window today and I am glad for the carpet of green grass in the field below as without, it would be a black and white photo....ahhh, a perfect day to sit down with a canvas and some vibrant colors, listen to The Beatles and dance the day away. Starting to think I need more than a PT manager as I am getting about 5-10 opportunities across my desk everyday and not enough time to properly deal with them all...
The current economy and stories of gloom and doom have chased some of my fellow artists away, but I see this time as a cleansing for the Art World and the world in general...often these periods in past history have shown a drop-off in hobbyists, heavily marketed art and shock art and have brought us some important work by some important artists dedicated to their vision.
I feel a deeper need to create work as a response to the current changes in environment, government and social situations...maybe this is why I find myself re-discovering the music of The Beatles and The Who - looking forward to seeing how this effects the direction of my work.
Hope you are having an inspiring day...wherever it may lead you.

No comments: